Skip to Main Content
Using Streaming Video
Why Faculty Should Use Streaming Video:
- Link or embed videos directly into Moodle, LibGuides, or other learning platforms for students to view on- or off-campus.
- Films have captions and/or transcripts. Audio description may also be available.
- All videos include rights to show videos to students in face-to-face and online classes. Most also include public performance rights.
- Create and share clips, custom segments, and playlists, or add video introductions, quizzes or other interactive elements.
Why Students Should Use Streaming Video:
- View videos from anywhere, 24/7 with your myVGCC login.
- Watch documentaries, movies, series and instructional videos in high quality with no ads.
- Share, save, and organize videos and playlists.
- Find research for assignments & presentations by searching transcripts.
- Get citations for all videos in MLA, APA and other fomats.
Streaming Video Collections
VGCC Library resources include a wide variety of media, including multiple streaming video platforms:
To explore the content and features of these resources, click on the tabs at the top of the page to view other pages in this guide.
More Streaming Video Content
Many other library databases include video content. You can search these by using the search box on this guide or find them by filtering your searches by "Streaming Video" or selecting a video collection below.
Credo Reference Video Collection This link opens in a new window
Credo's video collection covers topics in health science, food & cooking, fine arts, science & the social sciences, and history. Click on the title you wish to explore, then click on a video title or use the "Search within this title" search box.
Gale Videos This link opens in a new window
Links to news and documentary videos covering a wide variety of subjects and locations. Video sources include the New York Times, PBS, AFP news service, BBC News, and the Washington Post. Click the "Search Within" box under "Filter Your Results" to search for specific videos.
O'Reilly for Higher Education Videos This link opens in a new window
Includes over 2,000 videos from the O'Reilly databases which covers computer science, technology, and business.
Need help? Contact the VGCC Library.