Films on Demand (FOD) is an online library of over 35,000 streaming videos for education. This powerful resource, covers all major subject areas and includes travel and fitness programming, how-to videos, international feature films, and popular music performances. Includes Oscar, Emmy and Peabody award winning documentaries, interviews, instructional and vocational training videos, historical speeches and newsreels.
For more information about using Films on Demand, contact VGCC Library Services at (252) 738-3279.
• A comprehensive, curriculum-focused video subscription providing unlimited access to thousands of videos
• Videos can be easily added to LibGuides, distance education courses, and learning management systems
• Public performance rights and no copyright infringement worries
• Stimulate and reinforce in-class lectures or introduce a new topic
• Encourage open discussion on key issues and topics
• Embed persistent and authenticated video clips into course management systems such as Blackboard, Moodle, D2L (Desire2Learn), and Canvas
• Create and share playlists using premade clips, full videos, or custom segments—a great way to engage students and perfect for off-hours viewing and distance learning
• Save favorite videos to a personal folder
• Add a personalized video introduction to any playlist to provide an overview or give context
• Find inspiration and material for research papers and presentations
• Captioning and interactive, searchable transcripts on all titles
• Keyword tags for all content, linking to related material
• Follow up on a clip used by a professor in class and watch the rest of the video
• Get citations for all videos in MLA, CMS, Harvard, and APA formats, with up-to-date citation creation and export
• View videos anywhere, 24/7
• Share, save, and organize videos and playlists
The VGCC Library subscribes to several collections in Films on Demand.
Feature Films for Education
A stand-alone collection of more than 650 full-length feature films from FOD that includes current and hard-to-find movies, including dramas, literary adaptations, blockbusters, classic films, science fiction, animation, Oscar-winners, and more. Play on computers, laptops, and mobile devices.
Academic Video Collection (via NCLIVE)
The main portal for Films on Demand. Other collections, except for the Feature Films collection, can be searched from here. Includes over 30,000 videos covering all major subject areas.
Nursing Video Collections
Designed to help nursing students excel in the studies, pass licensure exams, and prepare for long-term job success, the FOD Nursing Collection covers nursing skills; patient care and interventions; nursing foundations; diseases, disorders, and disabilities; and special nursing topics.
Allied Health Collection
Comprised of 400 titles, this collection is designed to help prepare future allied health professionals for practice across a diverse range of health care settings, whether they are learning how to draw blood, administer medications, or help deliver a baby.
World Cinema Collection
A collection of over 700 movies that span the globe from the silent movie era to the present day, in languages from Albanian to Vietnamese. Includes celebrated movies from Akira Kurosawa, Zhang Yimou, Federico Fellini, Buster Keaton, and many others.
Need help? Contact the VGCC Library.